Had a twitter rage flurry just now. It happens every so often, coming almost out of nowhere in terms of timing. I appreciate people’s fortitude to suck it up really. It must be off the scale of tedious. Anyway, it reminded me I should update the state of play right now in terms of gaining some sort of accountability for LB’s death. This may be useful to families like Thomas Rawnsley’s, and others who are earlier on in this toxic process.
In no particular order (because there is no particular order):
1. Verita 2. A broader independent review building on Verita’s original report, exploring issues like Sloven leadership, systems, mental capacity and learning disability services in Oxon. Commissioned by NHS England and the Oxfordshire Adult Safeguarding Board.
Six month review started in September 2014 (appointed June time). Completion date? Fuck knows. [Notes: We have a rep on the investigation panel but she is failing to secure information any better than we are. The local NHS England team told us in March 2014 they’d keep us informed of developments but never get in touch unless we contact them.]
2. GMC investigation. A referral by us because of lack of action by Sloven.
Started May 2014.
Due to be completed? Fuck knows. [Notes: We get regular, unsolicited, progress reports from the GMC which is something.]
3. Police investigation.
Started July 2013, re-started around March 2014.
Due to be completed? Fuck knows. [Notes: We got regular updates last year but no news since the pre-inquest meeting January 13.]
4. Health and Safety Executive Investigation. Someone from the HSE sat in our kitchen several months ago. A few HSE leaflets make me think they must have done and we didn’t dream it, but no direct communication from them in any form at any point. Could be figment of imagination.
Started? Fuck knows.
Due to be completed? Fuck knows. [Notes: I just found the business card of the inspector who visited. Someone (not me) has pencilled ‘arse’ above her name.]
5. Sloven staff investigations. The stuff of legend. Almost as extraordinary as 4. above.
Started? Fuck knows.
Due to be completed? Fuck knows. [Notes: Latest communication from Board Chair, Simon Waughpath, is that the delay has been due to factors out of their control. As ever.]
6. Mazar review. Reviewing deaths in Sloven learning disability and mental health provision since 2011, commissioned by NHS England.
Started November 2014 for four months. Due to be completed? Fuck knows. [Notes: As 1. Sloven are reporting a publication date of late Summer.]
Wow. A full house of fuck knows. Impressively off the scale of crap.
I mean what did LB matter really? And our lives? Smashed out of recognition by his death. What do we matter?
State of play sums it up really. A game to all those implicated in some way. Drawing their chunky old salaries while the months go by. Unchecked. And we’re told fuck all.
Stay classy. The lot of you. It is an astonishing spectacle.