I wrote this filthy lucre post two months ago. About the Slade House site and rumours that Sloven are selling it and heading back down south with millions in their grubby (and negligent) paws. With the naivety (and relentless optimism) that has characterised #JusticeforLB though, we sort of believed Mike Petter’s (written) assurance to My Life My Choice:
“If it is sold by Southern Health, the money will go back into Learning Disability Services in Oxfordshire. If somebody else sells it, they might have a different idea.”
At the time it seemed odd to say ‘if somebody else…’ Mmm.
Naivety and optimism has taken a kicking tonight with the following unravellings and realisations:
- DocHawking tonight mentioned sale of the land by a private company; a sneaky bit of asset transfer which absolves Sloven [only in the eyes of devilish monsters] of ‘selling it’ themselves.
- Petter has gone.
- The Sloven board meeting tomorrow has a secret agenda item Declaration of Surplus Land/Property.
These, in turn, leave us wondering (again):
- Why did Sloven want to acquire the known to be failing services run by the Ridgeway Partnership in 2012?
- Why did they do zip all about improving these services or even being visible in Oxfordshire after the contract exchanged hands?
- How much of a draw was the chunky Slade House site/land next to a recent development for Oxford Brookes student accommodation, within the Oxford ring road?
Oxfordshire has had to endure failing learning disability services for over three years now. It cannot be possible that the resources the county have can be pillaged by a bunch of chancers. (Aided by the stupidity of Oxfordshire County Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group). Nah. No fucking way.